DETOXIFICATION OF THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
How the Lymphatic System Works
The Lymphatic system takes oxygen, nutrients and lymphocytes (white blood cells which fight infection) to the intercellular tissue of the body and then carries off toxins for the body to eliminate. It does not have a heart to pump it like the blood stream so it is moved by activity of the body. Good circulation depends on exercise so by engaging in a brisk walking, aerobics exercises, yoga with inverted postures or using a bounder (mini trampoline) with pumping arm movements the lymphatic system is stimulated to get the pumping. The lymphatic system is fluid by nature so it is essential to hydrate the tissues in order to release stagnant waste so be sure to drink lots of purified or distilled water.
Dietary adjustments are almost always required if you want to heal faster and feel better. Eat whole grains such as rice, quinoa, millet, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes which should be soaked over night if possible to release the enzyme inhibitor and make them more digestible. Increase your intake of organic vegetables and have two servings of organic fruits a day. Fresh raw organic vegetable and fruit juices will help to increase your anti-oxidants for a strong immune system.
Avoid These Major Sources That Impair the Lymphatic System:
1. Dairy which form mucus and congest the lymph and eliminatory tract.
2. Eliminate all white flour and gluten in general as most people are gluten sensitive if not completely gluten intolerant.
3. Avoid sugar as it feeds yeast and bacterial overgrowth, which can become systemic throughout the entire body. Some highly sugar fruits should be enjoyed only in moderation like melons or grapes.
4. Cooked and hydrogenated fats as they clog up the vascular-system and impair circulation.
5. Avoid red meat and shellfish since all are hard-to-digest and release histamines causing inflammation through out the entire body.
Add to Your Regimen for a Healthier Lymphatic System
1. Regular exercise 3 to 4 times a week.
2. Daily dry brush massage before a shower or a loofah massage in the shower following the direction in the diagram below will increase the lymphatic systems circulation eliminate toxins from the body.
3. A Full Body Lymphatic Massage or a Lymph-Light Treatment weekly will increasing the flow of elimination of lymphatic by stimulating the function of the lymphatic nodes and ducts.
4. Detoxify your lymph system by drinking herbal teas, such as Jason Winter’s Tea, Essiac Tea or freshly-grated ginger tea with lemon. Adding radishes to vegetable juices and salads helps to expel mucous that clogs the lymphatic system.
5. Drink plenty of purified water to replenish what the lymphatic system needs to do it’s job.
6. Oxygenate your system as disease can not survive in a healthy environment.
Lymphatic Drainage Diagram
Direction of Elimination of the Lymphatic System